Terms & Conditions | User Agreement
Notwithstanding anything herein to the contrary, SecurityTrax LLC may refuse service or terminate service with any User, for any reason, or no reason. In the event that SecurityTrax LLC refuses service or terminates service with any User, said party hereby and forever releases, waives and holds harmless SecurityTrax LLC from said action.
This Agreement may be modified by SecurityTrax LLC, at any time, without notice or the prior consent of User. User, by its continued use of the SecurityTrax LLC Services, Tools, or Sites, hereby consents to any and all modifications or amendments to this Agreement.
- Services: The term “Services” shall mean any service provided by SecurityTrax LLC.
- Sites: The term “Site(s)” shall mean domain or subdomain owned and operated by SecurityTrax LLC
- Tools: The term “Tools” shall mean any mechanism provided by SecurityTrax LLC to facilitate any Services.
- User: The term “User” shall mean any party utilizing the SecurityTrax LLC Sites or Services. Sometimes referred to hereinafter as “you” or “your.”
- Personal Identifiable Information: The term “Personal Identifiable Information” or “PII” shall mean and information that can be used on its own or with other information to identify, contact, or locate a single person, or to identify an individual in context.
- Confidential Information: The term “Confidential Information” shall mean any customers’ or users’ identities and other associated information not generally available to the public, and other non public information.
- User Agreement: The term “Terms & Conditions”, “User Agreement” or “Agreement” shall mean this document.
Using A Site Or Service Provided By SecurityTrax LLC
Rules of use
While using SecurityTrax LLC Sites, Services and Tools, User will not:
- post content or items in an inappropriate category or areas on our Sites and Services;
- violate any laws, third party rights, our policies, or this User Agreement, as may be amended;
- use our Sites, Services or Tools if User are not able to form legally binding contracts, are under the age of 18, or are temporarily or indefinitely suspended from using our Sites, Services or Tools;
- circumvent or manipulate our fee structure, the billing process, or fees owed to SecurityTrax LLC;
- post any Personal Identifiable Information or Confidential Information in any place or field other than the fields so designated in the Site(s);
You shall indemnify, defend and hold harmless SecurityTrax LLC, its officers, directors, subsidiaries, principals, agents, volunteers, contractors, and employees from any and all liability, loss, expense (including reasonable attorneys’ fees and other defense costs), or claims imposed for damages of any nature whatsoever, including, but not limited to, bodily injury, death, personal injury, or property damage occurring by reason of any acts or omissions on the part of the User’s own officers, agents, contractors, or employees under or in connection with any obligation delegated to the User under this Agreement. This indemnity shall survive termination of this Agreement for the maximum period under the law, but in no case shall it survive for less than one year.
1. Disclaimer of Warranties. THE USER EXPRESSLY UNDERSTANDS AND AGREES THAT THEIR USE OF THE SERVICES ARE AT THEIR SOLE RISK. THE SERVICES ARE PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS. SecurityTrax LLC EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
a. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, SecurityTrax LLC MAKES NO WARRANTY THAT (i) THE SERVICES WILL MEET USER’S REQUIREMENTS, (ii) THE SERVICES WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, TIMELY, SECURE, OR ERROR-FREE, (iii) THE RESULTS THAT MAY BE OBTAINED FROM THE USE OF THE SERVICES WILL BE ACCURATE OR RELIABLE, (iv) THE QUALITY OF ANY SERVICES, INFORMATION, OR OTHER MATERIAL PURCHASED OR OBTAINED BY THE USER THROUGH THE SERVICE WILL MEET THEIR EXPECTATIONS, OR (v) ANY ERRORS IN THE SERVICES WILL BE CORRECTED.
b. ANY MATERIAL DOWNLOADED OR OTHERWISE OBTAINED THROUGH THE USE OF THE SERVICES IS DONE AT THE USER’S OWN DISCRETION AND RISK. USER WILL BE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE TO THEIR COMPUTER SYSTEMS OR LOSS OF DATA THAT RESULTS FROM THE DOWNLOAD OF ANY SUCH MATERIAL.
c. NO ADVICE OR INFORMATION, WHETHER ORAL OR WRITTEN, OBTAINED BY THE USER FROM OR THROUGH SecurityTrax LLC SHALL CREATE ANY WARRANTY NOT EXPRESSLY STATED IN THE TERMS.
d. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. USER WILL EXPRESSLY UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT SecurityTrax LLC ITS OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, SUBSIDIARIES, PRINCIPALS, AGENTS, VOLUNTEERS, CONTRACTORS, AND EMPLOYEES, SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGE, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF PROFITS, GOODWILL, PERSONAL PROPERTY, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO HARDWARE, USE, DATA OR OTHER INTANGIBLE LOSSES (EVEN IF SecurityTrax LLC HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES), RESULTING FROM: (i) THE USE OR THE INABILITY TO USE THE SERVICES; (ii) THE COST OF PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS AND SERVICES RESULTING FROM ANY GOODS, DATA, INFORMATION OR SERVICES PURCHASED OR OBTAINED OR MESSAGES RECEIVED OR TRANSACTIONS ENTERED INTO THROUGH OR FROM THE SERVICES; (iii) UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO OR ALTERATION OF THE USER’S TRANSMISSIONS OR DATA; (iv) STATEMENTS OR CONDUCT OF ANY THIRD PARTY ON THE SERVICES; OR (v) ANY OTHER MATTER RELATING TO THE SERVICES. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, IN THE EVENT THAT A COURT OF COMPETENT JURISDICTION DETERMINES THAT SecurityTrax LLC IS LIABLE TO THE USER FOR ANY CAUSE OF ACTION,USER HEREBY AGREES THAT THE DAMAGES OBTAINED SHALL BE LIMITED TO THE LESSER OF THE ACTUAL BENEFIT RECEIVED BY SecurityTrax LLC FROM USER OR $100.
If a dispute arises between the User and SecurityTrax LLC the User agrees that it will resolve any claim or controversy at law or equity that arises out of this Agreement or our Services (a “Claim”) in accordance with one of the subsections below or as SecurityTrax LLC may otherwise agree in writing. Before resorting to these alternatives, User shall contact SecurityTrax LLC, in writing, to detail the Claim, after-which, SecurityTrax LLC shall have fifteen (15) business days to respond to User, prior to User seeking resolution of the Claim through such means as mediation, arbitration, or litigation. SecurityTrax LLC will consider reasonable requests to resolve the dispute through alternative dispute resolution procedures, such as mediation or arbitration, as alternatives to litigation.
Law and Forum for Disputes – This Agreement shall be governed in all respects by the laws of the State of Utah as they apply to any agreements entered into and to be performed by SecurityTrax LLC in Utah, without regard to conflict of law provisions. User agrees that any Claim or dispute User may have against SecurityTrax LLC must be resolved exclusively by a state or federal court located in Utah County, Utah, except as otherwise agreed by the parties. User agrees and hereby does submit to the personal jurisdiction of the courts located within Utah County, Utah for the purpose of litigating all such Claims or disputes.
Improperly Filed Claims – All Claims User brings against SecurityTrax LLC must be resolved in accordance with this Dispute Resolution section. All Claims filed or brought contrary to the Dispute Resolution section shall be considered improperly filed. Should User file a claim contrary to the Dispute Resolution section, SecurityTrax LLC may recover attorneys’ fees and costs for User’s improper filing.
In consideration for the use of the Site and the Services, if a dispute arises between User employer, User employees or any other User, resulting from the use of the Site or Services, the parties agree to release, forever discharge, and hold harmless SecurityTrax LLC from and against any and all liability, including attorney fees and costs, that arise from use of the Site or Services.
Last Updated: December 31, 2022Top
Our Privacy Mission
Information Collection and Use
SecurityTrax collects and stores certain information from or about you that can be used to uniquely contact, identify, or locate you (“Personal Information”). When using the User Interfaces, you may provide us with Personal Information including, but not limited to, your name, home or business address, phone number, email address, payment information, location, or zip code. When using our Services, you may provide us with certain additional information (e.g., home or business size and account information) in order for us to personalize your Services. SecurityTrax may receive Personal Information that you have provided to our partners to enable SecurityTrax to provide our Services. SecurityTrax may also receive other information from third parties (for example, if you incur a debt to SecurityTrax, we may conduct a credit check by obtaining additional information about you from a credit bureau, as permitted by law). SecurityTrax may process information regarding your use of the SecurityTrax Services, including but not limited to: demographic and navigation data, transactional information based on your activities on the User Interfaces (such as page views and data manipulation) and other information from your interactions with the User Interfaces and Services. We receive this type of information from your computer or other electronic device through which you may access, browse, download, receive, or otherwise use the SecurityTrax User Interfaces or Services (each a “Personal Device”), and we may also receive and process such information from third parties.
Some features of our Services (“GeoServices”) use location information. Before certain GeoServices information can be used or collected, you must first opt-in to activate these Services. If you enable these features, we will automatically collect and store location information from your Personal Device or vehicle you designate which is capable of producing location data (e.g., mobile device, GPS device, or vehicle). This location information may include your current location or places you have recently visited. We also may aggregate this information, but this information will only be used for SecurityTrax's internal purposes and to provide information requested by you. If you do not wish for us to collect and store this information, do not enable these features.
SecurityTrax will not disclose your Personal Information to any other entity except:
- to members of the SecurityTrax corporate family, including Alarm.com Incorporated;
- as is necessary to provide the SecurityTrax User Interfaces and Services to you;
- when you have opted in to share the information;
- when we need to share the information with an entity who works on our behalf to provide the Services (these entities do not have any right to use the Personal Information beyond what is necessary for the purpose of fulfilling the agreement we have with them);
- if you are an existing end-user customer, to provide notifications of additional SecurityTrax-supported products or Services that may be of interest to you;
- as necessary in connection with other lawful business purposes; and
- as otherwise necessary when required or permitted by law.
In addition, we may disclose your information when the information has been converted to a form that cannot be used to identify you. It may also be necessary for us to disclose your Personal Information in case of a merger or combination with, or acquisition of a portion of its business by, another company or entity, in which case Personal Information collected by SecurityTrax would be expected to be one of the transferred business assets. Information Protection SecurityTrax has security measures in place to protect against the loss, misuse, and alteration of your information. For example, we protect your information through a unique username and password, and we protect certain sensitive communications with our website through server authentication and secure connections. However, no method of data transmission is completely secure.
Rights and Choices Regarding Your Personal Information
If you are an existing or potential end-user of SecurityTrax Services and have entered Personal Information directly through our website, you may request to correct or delete your Personal Information by contacting us at email@example.com. If you are an existing end-user of Services you may view, update, or delete your Personal Information at any time by logging in and navigating to the 'My Account' page. These changes will be immediately made to our records. If you wish to stop notifications, you may do so through the User Interfaces.
California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) Rights
If you are a California resident, then the CCPA may provide you with specific rights regarding your Personal Information. You have the right to request that businesses subject to the CCPA (which may include your security or automation provider), disclose certain information to you about their collection and use of your Personal Information over the past 12 months. In addition, you have the right to ask such businesses to delete personal information collected for you, subject to certain exceptions. You may ask a business to limit its use of your sensitive Personal Information (e.g., biometric information or ethnicity), but know that SecurityTrax doesn't use your sensitive Personal Information in a manner subject to that right. If you choose to exercise your rights, you also have the right not to be discriminated against and will not be charged different prices or provided different quality of services.End Users of the Services
You can exercise your applicable CCPA rights by following the procedures listed for “All Existing or Potential End-Users” above, contacting your security or automation provider or contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you contact SecurityTrax directly, we may forward your request to your security or automation provider. Please note that the CCPA requires us to verify the requests we receive from you when you exercise certain of the rights listed above. We may need more information when we receive your request before taking further action.Business Contacts and Website Visitors
Sometimes we collect Personal Information when you're acting on behalf of a company (e.g., as an employee, agent, or contractor) or otherwise interact with SecurityTrax directly (e.g., visiting the SecurityTrax website outside of receiving Services from us). Some of the rights described in this section do not apply until January 1, 2023.Information we collect from consumers (Categories, Purposes, Sources)
We collect these categories of Personal Information:
- Identifiers – such as name, postal address, email address, or account name.
- Unique and online identifiers – such as internet protocol address or device IDs.
- Commercial information – such as records of products or services purchased.
- Demographic information – such as gender, age, income levels, and language preferences.
- Internet or other electronic network activity information – such as browsing history, search history and information regarding an individual's interaction with an internet website, application, or advertisement.
- Professional or educational information.
- Location information.
- Online viewing activities (e.g., videos viewed, pages viewed).
- Inferences, such as preferences and behaviors.
We collect the above categories of Personal Information for the following purposes:
- Performing our Services.
- Auditing customer transactions.
- Fraud prevention and authentication/ID verification.
- Debugging errors in systems.
- Marketing and advertising.
- Internal research, analytics and development – e.g., user-preference analytics.
- Developing, maintaining, provisioning or upgrading networks, services or devices.
We collect the above categories of Personal Information from the following sources:
- Directly from you.
- Automatically-generated information – such as technical, equipment and usage information.
- Your employer.
- From other companies, such as marketing services.
We retain the Personal Information that we collect to achieve the purposes for which the Personal Information was collected. In certain cases, we may need to retain Personal Information for purposes required under applicable law, for tax, accounting, or audit purposes, or for other purposes permitted or required under law.Disclosures of Personal Information
We may have disclosed each of the above categories of Personal Information with the following categories of third parties who perform services on our behalf:
- Product and services delivery companies.
- Marketing services companies.
- Cloud storage companies.
- Credit reporting agencies.
- Billing and payment processing companies.
- Fraud prevention and authentication/identity verification entities.
- Analytics companies.
We may allow certain third parties (such as online advertising services) to collect your Personal Information via automated technologies. We share the categories of Personal Information listed below for the business and commercial purposes of online advertising and to provide third-party social network features and functionality.
You have the right to opt out of this disclosure of your information, which may be considered a “sale” or “sharing” under California law. Beginning in January 2023, you may opt out of “sharing” or “selling” by setting a browser-level opt-out, the Global Privacy Control, sent by California consumers. You may learn how to set that signal by going to this website: https://globalprivacycontrol.org/.
As described above, we do not directly disclose your Personal Information with third parties for monetary consideration. Our “selling” or “sharing” is instead confined to the context of online tracking, and so we may have “sold” or “shared” the following categories of Personal Information:
|Category of Personal Information||Category of Third Party|
|Identifiers||Advertising networks, data analytics providers, social networks|
|Commercial Information||Advertising networks, data analytics providers, social networks|
|Online Activity||Advertising networks, data analytics providers, social networks|
We do not knowingly sell or share the Personal Information of minors under 16 years of age.How to exercise your CCPA rights
You can exercise any of your CCPA rights described in this section by contacting us at email@example.com. We may need to collect additional information about your previous interactions with SecurityTrax to verify your identity. You may designate an authorized agent to submit requests on your behalf. To submit a request as an authorized agent on behalf of a consumer, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Virginia Residents Only
Under Virginia's privacy law, the Virginia Consumer Data Protection Act, SecurityTrax acts as a data processor and your Authorized Service Provider will remain responsible for the handling of any Personal Information your Authorized Service Provider collects from you. You should refer to your Authorized Service Provider's privacy notice for more information on your Authorized Service Provider's privacy practices or to exercise a right under the Virginia Consumer Data Protection Act.
Cookies, Web Beacons and Website Analytics
Third Party Websites
Utilizing our User Interfaces from Outside of the United States
If you are utilizing our User Interfaces from outside the United States, please be aware that your information may be transferred to, stored or processed in the United States, where our servers are located and our central database is operated. The data protection and other laws of the United States and other countries might not be as comprehensive as those in your country, but please be assured that we take steps to protect your privacy.
California and Delaware Do Not Track Disclosures
SecurityTrax LLC – Privacy 8281 Greensboro Drive, Suite 100 Tysons, Virginia 22102 USA
Last updated: December 31, 2022